Monday, October 21, 2013

Surgery Clerkship begins

Today is the first day of my surgery core rotation. Being at the end of my 9th semester this rotation will end during the early parts of my very last semester of medical school. Most US graduates take this rotation as a third year student but at Ross University that doesn't always happen. Initially I was frustrated having to do surgery in the middle of my interview season but given how I had no choice I have made my piece and I am actually excited about it. Today starts at 11am with a brief orientation to the hospital and getting our IDs followed by recertification for ACLS/BLS. Tomorrow morning we start at 5:30am. I have been assigned to the trauma/general surgery 3 month rotation at Memorial Regional in Hollywood, FL. There is very little information out there on this rotation so when I get into it and a feel for what it's like I'll post what my days look like. My next interview is on November 4th. I'm excited to see what South Carolina has to offer.

No comments: