Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Interview update

With the next interview around the corner, I'm getting very excited and anxious for this next chapter of our lives to begin. We've created a spreadsheet to help us compare and contrast programs. It's a hard process as I have to think about my family and not just myself. We are considering things like the obvious one such as the quality of the residency program but we are also looking at housing, school district for my little one, cost of living, job/education opportunities for my hubby. We are also taking into consideration the area and how interested or likely we are to stay within a reasonable radius after residency. We are really hoping to find our dream place. I'm feeling fortunate that I have the opportunity to visit a good number of programs. I'm having a hard time refraining from talking specifics about where I'm interviewing or how many interviews I've had so far but I promise when this season is over I will post my statistics for those that care or are dying of curiosity. In the meantime I'm getting ready to start my surgery core rotation at memorial hospital in Hollywood, FL. I'm frustrated and excited. I was hoping to rotate in the easier, specialty rotation but instead I was assigned to trauma. I think it's going to be exciting and a great learning opportunity but it's completely inconvenient for residency interviews. But I'm making the best of it and planning ahead as much as possible. I'll try to keep blogging through this experience but like I said it's hard to blog and not share where and who I'm interviewing with.

No comments: