Sunday, August 19, 2012

Another school year begins

As I put my daughter to sleep tonight she told me how nervous and excited she was for tomorrow. She wants to be all grown up and brave like me. So naturally I had to let her in on a little secret "Mommy still gets scared for the first day of school" That definitely made her giggle. In the end she went to sleep and I find myself reminiscing about time and the swiftness with which it moves. Second grade starts tomorrow and it seems like she yesterday I held the small bundle in my arms for the first time. To think that I had not even started my own school journey when she was born. How much we have both accomplished in the last 7 years. Tomorrow we will walk to school together and I will cherish every second as I am increasingly aware how precious these small and sweet moments are.

No comments: