Thursday, December 24, 2009

Doorknobs and paint brushes

I woke up early this morning feeling anxious and full of energy. I was ready to begin working. The preparations have officially started. Last night we received the new shiny hardware for our front door. It couldn't be more perfect. Brandon installed it right away. Today I start my packing project and preparation for repainting the kitchen cabinets this weekend. I also have to finish painting our front door. Gabby is excited because we are going through her closet today to remove anything that doesn't fit and donate it to goodwill. We have also set a date for our first garage sale. It will be Saturday Jan. 2nd.


Yesterday I received my password to MyRoss login. It's my student website where I can search through available housing. I was surprised at all of the options. We have started sifting through and looking at all the pictures. The apartments are very nice. Most have tile floors and new couches. Most utilities are also included, except electricity. Some apartments offer a maid service as part of the rent. How nice is that. Brandon will be relieved. They have everything from studios to 3 bedroom houses. The entire decor is blue and coral green, if you are lucky is a white background with blue trim. Not a big surprise! It does fit its' surroundings.

Yesterday my advisor emailed to let me know that all of our visa paperwork has been sent out and that we should be receiving it either Saturday or early next week. I'm excited to start completing some of the paperwork. I'm sure we will have to do the standard physical exams, shots, HIV and other blood work done, etc...

It seems like there is so much to do in such a short period of time. April will be here before we know it.

No comments: