Monday, January 20, 2014

The END!

My interview season is officially over. I got back from my last interview on Friday night and I might say that I feel great, relieved, scared, anxious, and excited all at the same time. My last three interviews went great and I have no idea how I'm going to do my rank list. Although I must say my first choice and my last choice are obvious, it's in the middle that things get murky. No matter what though I feel confident. Confident that I will make the right choice for my family and I. On March 16th we find out if I matched and Match Day is March 21st, that's the day we find out where we matched.

On a different note...I always get asked if I go stir crazy driving across the country alone. The truth is I listen to audiobooks. My library offers thousands of audiobooks for free that I can access on my iPhone and listen over my car stereo. For instance, on this last trip I listened to three books in five days. Normally my nose is in a textbook or medical journals but these long drives are an eagerly awaited opportunity to catch up on some "fun" reading. One of the books I read was Wild:  From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by  Cheryl Strayed. What a fantastic book! I thoroughly enjoyed the journey that the author took me on. If you are looking for a great book to read I would recommend you gave it a shot and quick before the movie comes out later this year. Happy reading...

No comments: