Thursday, June 13, 2013

Step 2 cs update

Sorry that I have been MIA for the last little while. My trip to Michigan for the family medicine sub I was wonderful. I had the opportunity to spend 2 weeks working with a private physician who LOVED TO TEACH!!!!! He was absolutely fantastic. I also saw my first case of lime disease where I actually got to take the tick out of the patients back. I spent the next 2 weeks working 12 hour shifts in the hospital. Another wonderful experience working with the residents. They were very easy to get a long with and also loved to teach you. I had many opportunities to do H&P admissions as well as be actively involved in the plan creation process. Over all my experience was great. I missed my family terribly but it was worth the trip. Currently I am in the middle of my community medicine rotation in Miami and it is giving me a great opportunity to study for step 2 ck. The hours are very mild and its 3 miles from my house. It is a great rotation choice for those looking for a light rotation with plenty of study time for test prep.

Yesterday I received my PASS on my Step 2 CS 2 weeks earlier than I expected. I was so happy and relieved to have that exam behind me. Now my full focus is on step 2 ck.

On a sadder note my little pickle, love of my life, cute 8 year old daughter has left for the summer on her trip to Bulgaria with my family. I miss her soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much but I am happy that she will have an amazing summer and I don't have to feel guilty for studying for step 2 while she is home with me for the summer going crazy bored. Did I say it's only Day 2 and I miss her soooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! Anyway I will not bore you with that.

We sure do love to be goofy!!!

No comments: