Monday, August 27, 2012

Books, books and more books

So due to Isaac my Family Medicine Orientation on Monday was postponed by a day. My daughters school was also closed and so the two of us hung out enjoying this unexpected day together. Its almost as if our vacation doesn't want to end.  Personally I am so relieved that I did not have to figure out what to do with her if I had to go in today as everything is closed. My husband's job requires that he works through the storm so he has been on 24 hour call and has worked most of the weekend. Great financially but not very helpful. It worked out though so I am relieved. I am also disappointed. I was looking forward to starting and I am very anxious (in a good way). So since I"m home I thought I would share with you some of the books and resources that I was told I must have for for some of the core rotation and in preparation for USMLE step 2 ck. I'll update as I use these books and add the rest of the cores as I do them. So here it goes.

Family Medicine: It is the general consensus that you don't really need a text for this core rotation but I have also heard that Case Files Family Medicine is a great book to have for studying. This is the book that I ordered. Case Files Family Medicine, Third Edition (LANGE Case Files)

OB/GYN  Blueprints Obstetrics and Gynecology (Blueprints Series)

INTERNAL MEDICINE Step-Up to Medicine (Step-Up Series)

No comments: