Friday, August 9, 2013

A rant about a book

As you can probably guess I don't get to read for fun often. Well, I've done a lot of reading in the last few weeks as I have a little more free time. With my daughter still gone and all my exams behind me and the fact that I'm on a small 2 week break from clinical rotations, I'm pretty much just reading for fun these days. I'm getting a chance to catch up on some books I had been squirreling  away and secretly looking forward to. Last year after I took step 1 I read through all of the Sookie Stackhouse books that had been published and absolutely LOVED them! YES, I read through all 12 in like 2 weeks. I fell in love with the characters and the story and was so excited when the series conclusion book (Dead Ever After) came out in May of this year. Well after reading it all day yesterday and staying up late into the night to finish it, I was sorely disappointed. The events I felt were rushed at times just so we can have a conclusion. I was looking forward to an ending that tied up the story lines nice and neat and instead the book left me disappointed and confused. AT times it felt like Sookie suddenly had a different personality. Feeling a little bummed about this. I'm sure this sounds ridiculous but hey I don't have much entertainment in my life.

No comments: