Monday, December 27, 2010

Books

As promised here is a list of books that I can't live without on the island. I used these for their test questions primarily or as a source if something did not make sense or I needed another point of view on a topic. As you may notice the only actual required textbook I used was the anatomy textbook. It's really great, it has good illustrations and it is easy to read. The fist aid book is fantastic! It has everything we are studying. I used it as a starting point with my lectures. I would look up the lecture content in it to see what is considered the "high yield stuff"  then I would add more information from the lecture to that. I would not dream of only focusing on what is in that book but it is a great starting point. Everyone is different, again this is what I found most important.

Biochemistry and Genetics: PreTest Self-Assessment and Review (Pre-Test Basic Science Series)

Physiology PreTest Self-Assessment and Review, Twelfth Edition (PreTest Basic Science)

BRS Gross Anatomy (Board Review Series)

BRS Physiology (Board Review Series)

Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access (Netter Basic Science)

First Aid for the USMLE Step 1, 2010 (First Aid USMLE)

Clinically Oriented Anatomy, Sixth Edition: Softcover International Edition

No comments: