Tuesday, July 20, 2010

3 Days to go

So my final exam in MERP is on Friday morning at 8am. Its 200 questions and we have 4 hrs and 20 minutes to complete it. We have just over 1 minute per question. I have been studying and reviewing for weeks now and I feel saturated. I made a schedule and I have stuck to it. I have reviewed the information over and over to the point where now I don't think I'm getting anything more out of reviewing. So today I'm doing something different. I am going to do questions and see where I stand. It's difficult sometimes to find questions that are complex enough for MERP but not too involved. I have found the BRS book for physiology and the case studies to be the MOST helpful books this semester. I would even go as far as saying that they have been detrimental to my success and I will continue to use them as I progress in my basic sciences. Honestly, I don't think I have opened a single textbook. I know some of my classmates would disagree but I haven't had the need. Everything that is on the test is in our readers provided by ROSS University. If there is a random question from the "assigned" reading it’s just that, random and rare and has yielded, maybe, just 1 or 2 questions over the semester.


I look forward to being done with the final and relax on the beach with my family. It has been weeks since I have been to the beach during the day to just lie down on the sand and enjoy the hot sun. It's almost as if I didn't live in paradise. We will have almost 4 weeks on the island after my final to do absolutely nothing. I’m sure that will be an interesting experience for me as I don’t believe that I have experienced nothingness since I was a teenager on summer vacation. Even when we go back to Bulgaria for a 4 week vacation there is stuff to do, people to visit, trips to take. Here there will be nothing but sitting on the beach, fishing, playing with Gabby, and reading some books I have been waiting to read for fun. That's it for now, I have procrastinated long enough and I must go back to studying now.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These are the two BRS books that I refered to and also a book lamp that I have used many times this semester when the power goes out, as it frequently does. The batteries last forever and they give off more then enough light for reading and studying.

No comments: