Sunday, May 30, 2010

MINI 1 and more...

It has been a while since I updated the blog because I have been really busy catching up on my studies since I was down with the stomach flu last week. I am fully recovered and completely caught up on my school work. This is a good thing because mini 2 is just around the corner.


So I’m sure many people are curious as to how mini 1 went. The exam went really well. It did take me the entire time 2hrs and 10 minutes to complete it. I was done about 10 minutes early but went through the questions I was unsure about and actually changed a few of my answers because I had misread them the first time. This is a good thing and I got every since answer right that I changed. I know that is not typical and I usually do not like changing answers but as a rule that I follow if I am more than 90 percent sure of my change I will change it. Well after my second time through those questions I was 100 % sure that I had marked them wrong the first time around. It worked to my benefit. In all honesty I did not think the test was particularly difficult and the questions that I missed, with the exception of a few, were purely because I rushed through the question or misread the question. I passed each class with a score well above the required for MERP. That is not to say that the test was not difficult. It’s not so much that the material is difficult; it’s just that there is TON of it. I am very thankful to have this experience prior to arriving in Dominica. I cannot see how this could not benefit me.

Everyone says that mini 2 is supposed to be more difficult primarily in physiology because it includes the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems. We will see. So far my quiz scores have actually continued to improve. MINI 2 is June 18th.

On a brighter note, my parents arrive on Wednesday and I am very excited to see them. I am also very excited to do some sightseeing and have some of their cooking. We have a fun trip planed for them so I hope they are ready.

What else is new? We started going over for weekly family dinner/potluck at Coral beach with some of my friends from Ross. We get together on Friday nights by the pool. Everyone brings something and we all hang out and have a great time. No school work or talk just relaxation. It has been really nice. We have been very lucky to meet such nice people who are not bothered by our 5 year old attachment. Everyone is actually quite fond of Gabby and she is very thankful for all of her new aunts and uncles.

I think that is it for now. I am posting pictures from some of our adventures over the last 2 weeks. Enjoy!

No comments: